question

byarsawich avatar image
byarsawich asked ·

Alexa Skill does not work on Echo

I have an Alexa skill that was on my own account. It worked fine on the echo when that was the only case. I moved it to a no account for my company and added myself to the organization with admin privileges and now the skill will show up in the alexa app and go through our account linking, it even works on the alexa skill test page, but it will not work on our test echo. Is there any way to delete the old company profile I created so I'm only on the current one? Or is there something else I can do to get the skill to work?

alexa skills kitaccount linkingtestingecho
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered ·

Hi. When you say organization do you mena 'households' on echo devices or' vendors' on developer.amazon.com?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

byarsawich avatar image
byarsawich answered ·

The organization is for aws and that seems to be working fine. I guess the correct term would have been company profile. My account currently has two that i can switch between and i'm not sure if that is causing the error for the skill not working in the Echo I'm working with.

Brian@Amazon answered ·

Can you please describe your full setup?

What accounts are linked to what lambda arns are linked to what company profiles.

Can I get a skillid as well?

byarsawich avatar image
byarsawich answered ·

Development.Environment@townofcary.org is the username for the developer.amazon account that is currently working with the alexa skill. The Skill Id is amzn1.ask.skill.c50db383-27e7-4631-a60b-644afbd1e134.

The Development.Environment@townofcary.org account and my account are both linked to the aws orginization o-4tpwijnnr6

The lambda skill is arn:aws:lambda:us-east-1:877751261136:function:OneCary

Brian@Amazon answered ·
is the test echo registered to the development.environment email address?

byarsawich avatar image
byarsawich answered ·

I've tested it on an echo registered to my account and on a few dots. When it is connnected to the development account the skill will work, but not when connected to my account.

5 comments

Did you add your account as a beta tester?

0 Likes 0 ·

I added my account as a developer and an administrator. On my personal account before this I had the same skill with the same name, but I deleted that skill. Would that have any effect?

0 Likes 0 ·

Probably not, but I'd need to know more details. It would be helpful if you could file a contact us case here (https://developer.amazon.com/public/support/contact/contact-us), so that I can look at your specific account information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments