question

Chi Yao avatar image
Chi Yao asked

Full support for Smart Device

My company develops and products Smart Home Devices and I add Alexa support for it;

I had add Smart Home Skill and it work well (Turn On / Turn Off / Set Temperature);

But I find that the default Voice Command is too less to support Our Device's basic ability;Such as Smart Sprinkler,Smart Lock,Smart LED Strip/Bulb,Smart Curtain and so on!

I also try it with Alexa Custom Skill! But it seems not support dynamic Custom Slot Type values ! User have different Device names!It seems not possible now!

I can understand that Smart Home Skill must make the standards , And manufacturers adapt it!

Then ,Can Alexa Custom Skill get user's datas as Custome Slot Type's values(just as Smarthome Skill )?

alexa skills kitalexa smart homedevices
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered

At this time, you're limited to using the default custom slot implementation if you end up going with a custom skill. We're always working on expanding the capabilities of Smart Home skills, and in fact we recently released the ability for users to ask the current temperature of the home/device to smart home skills, and if there's specific requests you'd like to make we'd be happy to take those as feature requests.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.