Using Alexa with harmony hub and multiple tvs

Hello Gang, am new to the group, here is the setup then the issues

Setup;

3 Echo Dots

- Kitchen and living room called Computer

- Kids Bedroom called Echo

- Master Bedroom called Alexa

Harmony Hub covering 3 TVs.

- Kitchen Assis cable TV controller with Samsung TV and IR blaster connected to IR1 of the Harmony hub.

- Master bedroom assis cable TV controller with Samsung TV and IR blaster connected to IR2 of the Harmony hub.

- MAIN : Living room with Harmony hub, 2 spliters on the ir ports used localy and remote (see above), Yamaha amp, Sony TV, Sony Blueray, Sony DVD carrousel, Bluetooth receiver on Audio 1, Crestron airmedia, chromecast.

Problem1 ;

fairly simple, I fully configured Echo Dots and Harmony, but for the life of me I can only control power in secondary sites (kids Bedroom and MasterBedroom)??????

all the other commands like volume, channel changes, etc... all work fine in the Harmony APP but WILL NOT work using ECHO DOTS voice commands...

Problem 2 :

separate issues that I think is Harmony related not ALEXA! favorite will ONLY work on main TV (Living room), I can not for the life of me get harmony to let me use favorites on Harmony remote (Ultimate one) or Alexa, on any other TVs then Living room!

I am hoping there is an Alexa+Harmony expert in the group!

HELP :P

Richard ve2dx

alexa skills kitalexa voice servicealexa smart home
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered

Hi, This is a forum for Alexa skills kit developer questions. For your specific questions on your personal smart devices, I'd suggest contacting Amazon Customer Service at https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true.

10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.