question

Michelle avatar image
Michelle asked

Alexa Skill Audio Player Playback Failed

Since about 2 days ago, the audio playback has not successfully played music files hosted on firebase. The last successful playback was Feb 13th and the next try on Feb 16th failed. I have not changed the alexa skill source code for over 10 days and the firebase file plays fine in the browser. The skill is implemented in NodeJS. My request is as follows:

{
    "version": "1.0",
    "response": {
        "directives": [
            {
                "type": "AudioPlayer.Play",
                "playBehavior": "REPLACE_ALL",
                "audioItem": {
                    "stream": {
                        "token": "",
                        "url": "https://www.googleapis.com/download/storage/<removed>",
                        "offsetInMilliseconds": 0
                    }
                }
            }
        ],
        "shouldEndSession": true
    }
}

And the response I got is:

{
    "version": "1.0",
    "context": {
        "AudioPlayer": {
            "playerActivity": "IDLE"
        },
        "System": {
            "application": {
                "applicationId": "<removed>"
            },
            "user": {
                "userId": "<removed>"
            },
            "device": {
                "supportedInterfaces": {
                    "AudioPlayer": {}
                }
            }
        }
    },
    "request": {
        "type": "AudioPlayer.PlaybackFailed",
        "requestId": "<removed>",
        "timestamp": "2017-02-18T08:24:14Z",
        "locale": "en-US",
        "currentPlaybackState": {
            "playerActivity": "IDLE"
        },
        "error": {
            "message": "SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate",
            "type": "MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN"
        },
        "token": ""
    }
}

Would really appreciate any ideas about what's wrong all of a sudden.

Thanks.

alexa skills kitlambdanode_js
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

WangChao@Amazon avatar image
WangChao@Amazon answered

Hi @Michelle,

We are working this issue. Stay tuned.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

matematik7 avatar image
matematik7 answered

Hey,

I have the same problem, are there any solutions yet?

Thanks,

1 comment
10 |5000

WangChao@Amazon avatar image WangChao@Amazon commented ·

We are still working on this issue. Sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Bolton avatar image
Jeff Bolton answered

I am also having a similar problem. My files are served through a CDN with a Comodo SSL cert. Files are served correctly through the browser, but I get the same error message above when trying to play the file through my Alexa Skill.

Do we have an ETA on when this will be resolved? Is there a workaround in the meantime?

Thanks in advance!

1 comment
10 |5000

WangChao@Amazon avatar image WangChao@Amazon commented ·

We are still working on this issue. Sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-f5bd1c01-83c4-4f94-b48d-357607c9b4ef avatar image
newuser-f5bd1c01-83c4-4f94-b48d-357607c9b4ef answered

I too have run into a similar problem trying to accessing audio files. Any update or ETA?

Thanks for your help!

10 |5000

phlepper avatar image
phlepper answered

I have the same problem accessing audio files. I also have a Comodo SSL cert. Mine is US. Files served correctly through the browser, but I get the error:

{
    "message":"SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate",
    "type":"MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN"
}

Let me know if you need more info for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

10 |5000

WangChao@Amazon answered

Thanks you all for the useful information. We are working on this, stay tuned.

10 |5000

newuser-b7030724-9a2a-45f4-9459-62da82038282 avatar image
newuser-b7030724-9a2a-45f4-9459-62da82038282 answered

I am also facing this issue. It will be great if issue can be resolved soon. Thanks Alexa Team.

10 |5000

Brian avatar image
Brian answered

Any updates here? This is still an issue for us. It used to work with the exact same audio url and now it doesn't for us. Same error everyone else is getting. I even tried a public Dropbox url and Google Cloud Storage url just to see if it was our SSL issue, and they don't work either. The only thing that works is Amazon S3.

SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

10 |5000

WangChao@Amazon answered

Hi guys,

Thanks for your patience. This issue has been fixed. Please let us know if you get any further questions.

10 |5000

newuser-066142e9-ba33-495b-ac42-d315f6e6e1da avatar image
newuser-066142e9-ba33-495b-ac42-d315f6e6e1da answered

On the week of May 29th through June 2nd it was working fine. I didn't even know there was an issue with the google certificate. On June 5th when I tried it out again, I got the same error message:

"error": { "message": "SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate", "type": "MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN" }

This is my audio file:

https://storage.googleapis.com/mwcradio-media-staging/podcasts/thornberry-creek-lpga-classic/012/thornberry-creek-lpga-classic-012.mp3

I posted it here: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/75327/alexa-playback-feature-doesnt-recognize-mp3-hosted.html

10 |5000