question

GadgetChannel avatar image
GadgetChannel asked ·

New Speechcons feature US only?

I read about the new Speechcons for the Alexa Skills Kit here:

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/post/036350a8-8295-4f11-80c6-397873e2847f/new-alexa-skills-kit-ask-feature-ssml-speechcons-in-alexa-skills

However, on testing them out I found, despite no mention of this in the documentation, that these appear to be another feature which is US only. I tested the following example:

<speak><say-as interpret-as=\"interjection\">Well well! Booyah.</say-as></speak>

With the language as English (UK) it speaks it in a monotone, it is only when I switch to English (US) that it speaks it more expressively.

Why is this US only, and when can we expect to be able to use this in the UK?

alexa skills kit
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Leia@Amazon avatar image
Leia@Amazon answered ·

Hi GadgetChannel - although this feature is currently US only, we've updated our blog post and announcement thread to show that support for English (UK) and German skills is coming soon.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered ·

Unfortunately, we can't comment on future plans, but I will definitely pass this feedback on to the relevant team, especially in regards to being more specific in the documentation.

Thanks,

Jamie