question

newuser-a49e4661-9bc2-4d44-95d6-8d110f604f68 avatar image

Mobile app AVS access

Currently we are trying to integrate Alexa into one of our products, and we intend to obviously pass the certification program to become an Alexa enabled device, my question is after we become an Alexa certified device we would like to also include Alexa into our mobile IOS and Android app so that a user can access their home automation skills and other actions on the go, I understand music playback is currently prohibited on third party apps and that's fine but I've also seen some of the mobile apps that implement Alexa are being shut down or their Alexa service is offline, such as Roger.

If we become an Alexa certified device will we be able to have the same control of home devices and skills on our mobile app, except music playback, or is the Alexa voice service prohibited on mobile devices, does the Alexa team intend to block this ability or was it never intended to be there since it's also missing from the official Alexa app.

alexa voice servicealexa smart homeandroidios
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

sherritt@amazon avatar image
sherritt@amazon answered

AVS is intended for use in mobile applications. Only music playback is restricted, all other use is encouraged.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.