question

sashok1337 avatar image
sashok1337 asked

An error occurred while attempting to link Alexa with....

I have good certificate from comodo, https A+ secure website that sends right data to redirect_uri (https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/skill/link/XXXXXXXXX), but all the time I see this (An error occurred while attempting to link Alexa with the external provider) error. In access log of my website I see only one request to /api/oauth2/authorize endpoint (that I wrote in Authorization URL section).

What i should do with this? How I can understand the reason of this behavior?

P.S.: I've read most of all topics here about that problem

alexa skills kitalexa smart homeaccount linking
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered

You say you see "this" error, but I don't see a screenshot or anything attached. Do you mind either posting a link to a screenshot, posting a copy of the error message, or attaching it to your reply? That will allow us to better answer your question, thanks.

4 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Topic name is a part of error message... And here is screenshot of it

0 Likes 0 ·

Can you check the URL of that page? Sometimes the URL will have additional error information.

0 Likes 0 ·
sashok1337 avatar image
sashok1337 answered

@NickG@Amazon it's a smart home.

4 comments
10 |5000

Can you try following all the steps outlined in https://forums.developer.amazon.com/articles/38610/alexa-debugging-account-linking.html? If you go through all of those and still have an issue, please follow step 10 to file a contact us case with the relevant information so we can take a closer look at your issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
sashok1337 avatar image sashok1337 Nick Gardner ♦♦ ·

It's my server, I can trace all queries to it. State parameter is the same.

The tenth step is failed, screenshot attached

1. Skill ID: amzn1.ask.skill.ef1d87af-2518-4a49-bf74-b7941a6e9891
  2. Region: EU (Ireland)
  3. Device/Type platform: Browser (tried the latest Chrome, Firefox, Safary)
  4. Version of AlexaApp: Client Version 1.24.1562.0 (WEB-version!!)
  5. AuthorizationUrl: https://sashok1337.com/api/oauth2/authorize
  6. Whitelisted Domains: sashok1337.com
  7. AccountLinkingType: Auth Code Grant (it's only option, another one is disabled)
  8. Exact time: 27/Feb/2017:12:45:42 +0200, 27/Feb/2017:12:51:52 +0200
0 Likes 0 ·
sashok1337 avatar image sashok1337 Nick Gardner ♦♦ ·

~2 week answer time isn't the best option for troubleshooting...

0 Likes 0 ·

Sorry for the delay, but we're still investigating exactly what is happening here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chimit avatar image
Chimit answered

Have a similar problem. According to my server logs, Alexa successfully receives an authorization_code and exchanges it with an access_token. But client gets an error "An error occurred while attempting to link Alexa with MYDEVICE. Please try again later."

Does Alexa have any logs?

2 comments
10 |5000

The problem was in HTTP Status code which my server returned with a token. It was 201 Created instead of 200 OK. Alexa server doesn't support 201 Created!

0 Likes 0 ·

Hmmm, I have 302 code. How can you redirect user with 200 code? :)

0 Likes 0 ·
sashok1337 avatar image
sashok1337 answered

Hello guys! Its almost 2 months have passed since my question. My ssl cert is valid only for 3 months (so one more stay) and I pay every month for VPS that just doing nothing. Let's do something with it, please.

In other case in one month I will attach here a video of amazon dot destruction, because in my country (Ukraine) there is no other way to use it :(

10 |5000