question

WangChao@Amazon avatar image
WangChao@Amazon asked ·

Any feedback on the new built-ins?

We'd love to have your comments on the new Pre-Built Models for Hundreds of Slots and Intents.

alexa skills kitbuilt-in librarycommunity feedback
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

meep avatar image
meep answered ·

Can't access them on non-US skills so no point in assessing them at this point. I think you're aware of the general disgruntlement over this issue.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tom_miranda avatar image
tom_miranda answered ·

So far they work pretty well but if a user asks to "watch" something (there are many ways a user can ask) it's not predictable if you're going to get a VideoCreativework, TVSeason, or TVEpsode.

There is still a bug that prevents using more than 9 or so of the intents which is a major problem as well.

digisam avatar image
digisam answered ·

Would love to give feedback on how I have been using them for the past two months. But as I am in the UK, I can't because I don't have access. The UK/DE has only been given a "lite" version of the Alexa Skill Kit.

Four months ago Amazon announced Alexa and Amazon Echo Now Available in the UK and Germany. In the announcement it says "Developers and hardware makers around the world can create Alexa skills for UK and German customers". and "There are over 3,000 skills for Alexa in the US, and now developers can extend their experiences to more customers in Europe."

This was not true at launch due to the lack of Literal slots and it is even less true now because we don't have access to the "hundreds of built-in slots and intents". Not forgetting the recent announcement about how US users can continue to use Literals, with no mention on how this will affect the UK/DE.

Any Skill developed in the US that use a Literal slot or anything in the built-in library will not work in Europe.

The differences between what the US can do and UK/DE are increasing. Here is a post where I discuss it further.