question

Pomchi Paradise avatar image
Pomchi Paradise asked

My game always logs me in as guest but when I play other games it uses my player name?

My game Pomchi Paradise always logs me in as a guest user but when I play other games it uses my amazon player nickname. Again, when I play other games my player nickname is used but when I play my own game that I developed, GameCircle always logs me in as a guest user. How can I fix this issue? I thought I setup the correct API Key and it should be working now. All I have is a Leaderboard that I would like to get working. When I created the API Key I used the keystore file I'm using with eclipse when I exported my signed game...I also tried generating another API key from C:\Users\jdhl_tech\.android\debug.keystore but this also gives me the same results. Please advise what might be causing this issue...Thank you!

amazon appstoregamecircle
3 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image Jamie Grossman ♦♦ commented ·

Is your app live? From memory, I think this is related to the app being in development and sandboxed. Can you reproduce this if the app is a live app test? This places the app in a similar environment to the live store.

1 Like 1 ·
Pomchi Paradise avatar image Pomchi Paradise Jamie Grossman ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Jamie, thanks for the reply back. Yes my app is live here is the link: Pomchi Paradise

0 Likes 0 ·
Jamie Grossman avatar image Jamie Grossman ♦♦ Pomchi Paradise commented ·

The team are investigating and we'll get back to you as soon as we have mroe on the matter.

0 Likes 0 ·
NA avatar image
NA answered
3 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

That was my post and you are correct, I never received any kind of answer. Hopefully you have better luck.

1 Like 1 ·
Pomchi Paradise avatar image Pomchi Paradise newuser-0884ff60-19e4-425b-bae0-4f1b98041f85 commented ·

Ok, thanks for getting back to me...Here are two good video's I found: https://youtu.be/MalGiz7RHEI And https://youtu.be/TuX_vRvE-_4

However I followed very closely and it still didn't work.......I wrote this comment on his second video:

Hi Damien, thank you for these two video's. Why are you uploading an unsigned APK file? I have been uploading the signed APK but when I upgrade the game and open it, GameCircle still logs me in as a guest user and I've been at this for weeks now. This is about my 7th attempt to fix this GameCircle issue. I have a leaderboard I want to make available to all users but it just logs us in as guest users not the logged in player nickname. And the leadeerboard doesn't work unless you can login. I'm wondering if I need to generate an unsigned APK file will that make a difference? I'm using Buildbox Version: 2.2.8 Game Creation software on windows 10 and using eclipse to generate my signed apk file I've never created an unsigned apk before....Any advice would be greatly appreciated...Thank you Damien

0 Likes 0 ·
Pomchi Paradise avatar image Pomchi Paradise commented ·

Thank you for the reply but I read thru it and they still don't seem to have an answer....I will look again...Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi there,

The app is throwing the error:

W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(10756): Failed
 to decode: Decoding fails: certificate fingerprint can't be verified! 
pkg=com.amazon.ags.app
W/com.amazon.identity.auth.device.appid.APIKeyDecoder(10756): Unable to decode APIKEy for pkg=com.amazon.ags.app

GameCircle is not able to initialize because the APIKEY cannot be verified and is incorrect. Please provide the correct APIKEY or regenerate a new one for the app. If you haven't generated one, this is the guide for doing so: https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/gamecircle/docs/create-a-gamecircle-configuration#GenerateAPIKeys

Go to the "Generate API Keys" step for what to do and this will resolve the issue. Thanks!

1 comment
10 |5000

This is exactly the same error mine threw (according to your resonse today), the problem is that the key is definitely correct, if the key was wrong wouldn't the gamecircle connection also fail on non-kindle devices. I rebuilt mine today with a regenerated key and tried it through LAT with same results. I verified the api_key.txt in the apk file matched character for character the one i downloaded, and it is in the correct directory. What am I missing?

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in responding. We are aware of this problem, however at this time don't have any additional updates about it. Thanks!

10 |5000