question

Nen Xi avatar image
Nen Xi asked

Endpoint issue

Hi, I've been struggling with testing my new echo skill in the dev portal. I have some function that will make HTTP.GET from Yahoo API, it always displayed with error "The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid." I also checked the history of alexa.amazon.com to find something useful about this error. It shows "Request Identifier: amzn1.echo-api.request.db935fdc-787f-4669-af11-d708ecd76298 The target Lambda application returned a failure response" Does anyone have met similar issue before? I assume it is related to my role/policy setting in the IAM that prevents this echo skill to send request to third party API. Thanks
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
Check the Lambda logs.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nen Xi avatar image
Nen Xi answered
Thank you jiaquinta. I did check the Lamda log, which tells me a lot useful information, now the testing is passed with right JSON data returned. Thanks soooo much.
10 |5000

PhillyGirl avatar image
PhillyGirl answered
Can you share what your solution was?
10 |5000