question

HustlaGirl avatar image
HustlaGirl asked ·

Do you think Merch and content creators would benefit from continuing on with the daily upload system?

I really like the daily upload idea. The only problem is when you are at your daily limit (mine is TIER 25) Our hands are tied and we have no room to grow. I know from the chats there are a lot of people at the smaller tiers who have been ready to tier up for months I myself have over 600 sales and still at 25 tier but most of us know that merch has been busy trying to keep up and fix things and most of us understand this and most of us are being patient and feel grateful for the opportunity. It only took me a week or so to reach my max of 25 live listings however a few have been in processing for a few days and one has been in processing since Oct (almost 4 months). I would love to be able to continue to upload 2 designs a day past the 25 maybe the tier up system could be switched to a standard daily upload system like the one in place currently. People seem to be happy uploading a few designs a day and it doesn't seem to be overloading merch as much. Some people will argue that merch will only tier you up based on design quality not just amount sold. But If your at a 25 tier and you have sold over 600 shirts in a few month you must have a few designs that are good quality. I think the slow and steady uploads are great and being able to upload a few designs a day are better than not being able to upload nothing at all ! So those of us at any tier would be given a chance to grow. I know tiering up is probably not available at the moment but I would love to continue to upload 2 a day above and beyond my 25 tier. Some of us at the 25 tier have sold enough to be at the 500 tier but if we could continue to do 2 uploads a day for a year we eventually will get there by the end of the year it just be a slower process. But slow and steady is good :)

merch by amazontier
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-968ec2b7-2b2f-458c-8a02-1771408fdd46 avatar image
newuser-968ec2b7-2b2f-458c-8a02-1771408fdd46 answered ·

It seems crazy that you have sold 500+ but are still on the 25 tier. Are any of the following true of your designs?

1) They are all exact or very near exact copies of existing tees?

2) You have had tees removed for clear and over Trademark/Copyright infringment?

3) Your Tees are in some way 'poor taste' (but not downright blatant enough to be removed)?

Conversely, do you have ANY tees that use an innovative new take on a quote/saying/phrase or just use unique graphics in a new or innovative way?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

HustlaGirl avatar image
HustlaGirl answered ·

no none of the above I make up my own designs

T-Shirt Design Fan avatar image
T-Shirt Design Fan answered ·

I am also well over 500 sold now (I've lost count) and am still at Tier 25. And so are many, many others according to the Chris Green group. One lady is selling 80+ shirts per week and is still on 25 Tier.

I've even deleted designs that have only sold only 1-2 and replaced them with others to try and maximize my slots. So I've probably sold 30+ different designs at this point.

So it's not odd at all that she's still at 25 Tier, NewUser968, it's just the way it is right now and there are probably many others just like me that have sold even more. And my designs are not similar or distasteful at all. Many different niches but mostly fun designs (no politics). I've also had zero removals for policy violations.

I too love the upload limit. It has forced me to think carefully about what I upload, and as a result, 3 of the last 5 designs I've uploaded in the last week have already sold a few. I'm just hoping that one day I'll be able to tier up. Heck I'd take 50 slots at this point. Anything. LOL But I no longer expect it anymore. If it does happen, seems it will be many months from now. As I've said before, the auto tiering days are probably done. We should no longer expect it.

Yesterday someone posted they just got tiered up to 100 and had only sold 60+ designs. Far less than many others waiting. So they are clearly being selective. So it's not just about volume anymore.

I'm just grateful to be able to upload as many people still cannot right now. Just gonna keep maximizing my slots as best I can.

3 comments

One of the problems is that there is no real frame of reference for what is a 'good enough portfolio of quality designs to be tiered up'. Instead there is this opaque black box of decision making (that hopefully is not too subjective to the reviewers own sense of 'good design').

Then again, of course, you might have just been 'missed' because of their (Amazon's) current overload of work. If that's the case then I suspect within the month you will tier up (I understand they are bringing in a lot of new staff).

Either way, I think that people like you (who have achieved Sales that surpass not just their current tier, but the next two tiers too) should be prioritized for review (and perhaps told if there are quality concerns). There surely cant be that many people who are 3 tiers ahead of themselves with sales?

2 Likes 2 ·

I am Grateful as well and we just have to continue be positive and optimistic. But sometimes I feel some of us have fallen through the cracks and have been over looked. I have reached my max 25 slots and I was happy and blessed to upload the 2 a day but I'd love to be able to continue to grow instead of being shut off at the 25 tier. Hoping my continued prayers and positive thoughts will bring me some good vibes :) Best of Luck to you

0 Likes 0 ·

Completely agree! I know exactly what you mean. You feel grateful but at the same time antsy to tier up. Trust me. I totally get it! LOL Makes me wish I had gotten in just a few months earlier, ya know? Best of luck to you too. :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-851b94e1-a3d8-4797-8ff2-089dd87361b6 avatar image
newuser-851b94e1-a3d8-4797-8ff2-089dd87361b6 answered ·

Apparently, some people in a FB group were just recently tiered up from T25. That's good news but I'm interested why others are still waiting to have their accounts reactivated to upload again at the new daily limit! I agree that restricting daily uploads would benefit content creators and Merch as well for a number of reasons already expressed.

nadil avatar image
nadil answered ·

Hopefully daily upload limits will be enhanced for all designers.Enough uploads may be allowed for the designer so that by the end of 60 days limit they have all their tier slots filled with designs.