question

newuser-d2507e75-5e6c-4710-a5f3-8d7d577a8649 avatar image
newuser-d2507e75-5e6c-4710-a5f3-8d7d577a8649 asked ·

Alexa Not Recognizing Built-in Intents

Alexa is not recognizing my built-in intents: AMAZON.HelpIntent and AMAZON.StartIntent. It is instead simply calling my custom intents when commands like "Stop", "Help", and "Cancel" are uttered. I have implemented these intents in my interaction model and handled these cases in my lambda code (as stated in the guide), and it still does not work. What should I change to fix this?

Here is the interaction model:

{
  "intents": [
    {
      "intent": "AMAZON.HelpIntent"
    },
    {
      "intent": "AMAZON.StopIntent"
    },
    {
      "intent": "GetMovieReview",
      "slots": [
        {
          "name": "Movie",
          "type": "MOVIE"
        }
      ]
  	},
    {
      "intent": "GetTVShowReview",
      "slots": [
        {
          "name": "TV_Show",
          "type": "TV_SHOW"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}
alexa skills kithelpintentsbuilt-in library
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

D. Young avatar image
D. Young answered ·

Apologies if this is too basic, but did you double check that you defined a handler for the help intent? If you are using the Alexa Skills Kit SDK for Node.js, did you register your handler?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davey avatar image
davey answered ·

Following up on this one. I had the same problem, and it's also with the AMAZON.Movie built-in colliding (seemingly) with the AMAZON.HelpIntent