question

comfy123 avatar image
comfy123 asked

Unable to Link Your Skill - Authorization Code Grant

I'm getting the generic "Unable to Link Your Skill" message after authenticating and redirecting back to amazon's URL. I'm fairly certain we are doing things as specified in the skill kit docs. Here is an example of the URL we are redirecting to: Note: I've removed all personally identifiable info https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/skill/link/ ?code= ?&state= Any help is greatly appreciated.
alexa skills kitsubmission testing certification
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I finally found what is wrong with my skill while link account.

in the skill configuration section, there is a select box named

Client Authentication Scheme

when I choose credentials in request body, it works.

try this maybe it works for you

0 Likes 0 ·
skill.png (12.1 KiB)
comfy123 avatar image
comfy123 answered
FYI - we are using authorization code grant type.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Your redirect doesn't really look like the one in the docs (I'm assuming for ASK, not AVS): https://pitangui.amazon.com/spa/skill/account-linking-status.html?vendorId=AAAAAAAAAAAAAA&state=xyz&code=SplxlOBeZQQYbYS6WxSbIA But your URL and the sample are so far off, I fear I'm missing something... Steve
10 |5000

comfy123 avatar image
comfy123 answered
I believe the URL is correct. The documentation does NOT match what is provided from the developer portal when switching to authorization code grant type.
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
I see. Just out of curiosity, where are you getting example from? Thanks, Steve
10 |5000

comfy123 avatar image
comfy123 answered
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Well, maybe someone else will bring clarity :) Those are the docs I was pointing to, and saying that the redirect URL you provide doesn't look like the examples there. The hostnames differ, your URL has a '?' before the &state= parameter, etc. But all this has me thinking I'm missing something. Steve
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
>>The hostnames differ Sorry, meant subdomain....
10 |5000

comfy123 avatar image
comfy123 answered
The documentation indicates i should use the callback URL provided in the developer console. The URL provided in the developer console looks like this: https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/skill/link/AAAAAAAAAAAA Note: "AAAAAAAAAA" was the vendorId. I replaced it for security reasons.
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
I finally understand what you're saying! Have you tried the format in the docs? For all of my skills that use account linking, the format in the dev console mirrors that in the docs. Of course, it's entirely possible that they've changed the format without updating the docs. Have you tried just using the format in the docs, just for kicks? But this does seem like something someone from Amazon needs to chime in on. Steve
10 |5000

comfy123 avatar image
comfy123 answered
Yes, I've tried the format in the docs. The format in the developer console DOES match the docs when you choose implicit grant. however, when you change to authorization code grant, the callback URL is in the format i provided in my last post. I'm at a loss at this point. Some help from Amazon would be awesome. -Jordan
1 comment
10 |5000

I met the same question as you, when change to implicit grant, "link account" work well, but when I try to authorization code grant, I got a message like that:

"We were unable to link KohlerPocSkill at this time."

Have you resolve the question now? and if yes , how did you do?

waiting.....

0 Likes 0 ·