What are the guarantees for the browser's localStorage in Amazon web apps?
- webapp, provided as .zip and published in amazon app store
- the app saves data in the browser's localStorage
- the localStorage is sometimes empty when the app is started (data is lost)
I can find no documentation.
- Do I have to request the "storage" permission when accessing the browser's localStorage?
- I currently do not request that permission. There is no error, and the settings are mostly remembered.
- Can the localStorage be used for .zip-packaged amazon web apps?
- Are there any guarantees on the availability of the localStorage? E.g. across app updates, across device firmware updates.
- The data loss occurs also if the app was not updated in the meantime.
I suspect the app files are sometimes served from different locations (file:///amazon/abcde/index.html), and thus the browser uses a different localStorage due to same origin policy.