question

FarmGirl68 avatar image
FarmGirl68 asked

Why would my Echo Dot make a beep sound now and then?

Just set up my new Echo Dot yesterday, and we've noticed a "beep" sound now and then. It's been connected to power, so it doesn't seem to be some kind of "battery low" notification.

echo
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I faced the same issue today. I had no pending Notifications, messages. The beep was coming from my connected speaker only and not the Echo Dot device.

I got this fixed, after connecting my speaker to Power input. The Beep didn't come back again.

-1 Like -1 ·
Liam Kennedy avatar image
Liam Kennedy answered

Have you configured it to connect to speakers via Bluetooth? If so.. that's a signal that it has connected (re-connected).

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-59f2beb7-a8b5-4446-95bb-49cfe257f650 avatar image
newuser-59f2beb7-a8b5-4446-95bb-49cfe257f650 answered

I'm experiencing the same thing. So far I haven't seen a pattern. It is a low, short beep "a boop?" and a white or light blue light flashes at the same time. Sorry, just know it is a light colored light because I only know it does it when I hear the boop and they happen at the same time and length, again seemingly random. No bluetooth connected or paired and no notifications or messages. I have noticed it seems to happen more at night. Do not disturb doesn't stop it.

newuser-9a0abf01-e3df-48d7-8e77-6aeff7e6ce81 avatar image
newuser-9a0abf01-e3df-48d7-8e77-6aeff7e6ce81 answered

Having the same problem.. No bluetooth connected. Nothing recorded in history also. It just beeps intermittently.

rex avatar image
rex answered

What can be done to trouble shoot this issue? I agree it is sort of a "boop" sound that does not appear to have any timing pattern

gen_here avatar image
gen_here answered

I'm having the same issue. When I ask "why did you just beep?" I get "sorry, I don't know that one" or "sorry, I'm not sure."

newuser-05bd8228-9470-4836-9269-45976d3eafbf avatar image
newuser-05bd8228-9470-4836-9269-45976d3eafbf answered

I had the same issue and think i may have fixed it by disabling Drop In...

Elise B avatar image
Elise B answered

It happens everyday to both our echo and dot everyday and always at different times for no reason at all. I’m starting to think it’s whoever is in charge, randomly listening in to see if they hear anything worth noting or gathering personal information. Kind of like when you search or buy something online, and then mysteriously “sponsored ads” come up on your social media feed. You always hear that the government is watching and listening.

Hey, you never know. I don’t dwell on it and I don’t have time for conspiracy theories, it’s just a thought. Lol

Meghann Van Dolzer avatar image
Meghann Van Dolzer answered

Mine does this constantly too. It's driving me bonkers because there's zero information about why, so I can't stop it. I disabled every notification. There's no bluetooth devices connected to it. Why doesn't the Alexa app have a list of alerts about what's going on? Come on Amazon, that's just basic usability.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hello all and thank you for giving us feedback on how to improve your experience with Alexa.

However, this is the Amazon Developer Forum, a space dedicated to help people develop skills for Alexa, who have no control about this issue.

The best way to have this particular concern heard is to get in touch with our customer service here who should be able to assist with your matter further.

Regards,
Barry