question

Izzy avatar image
Izzy asked

Can my app still run on ios 7 with amazon mobile ads sdk

Hello, my app currently supports ios 7 and ios 6 I want to keep supporting these versions but the latest version of amazon mobile ads sdk doesnt support either, so my question is will people who have ios 6 and ios 7 installed on their device if they download my app will it crash or will just the "AdViewDidFailToLoad" method be called and my app will continue running smoothly ? thanks very much for any help

mobile adssdk
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered

Hi Izzy,

The latest version of the Amazon Mobile Ads SDK requires functionality that is not available on older versions of iOS. According to Apple, only 6% of all iOS devices run a version of iOS older than 9. You would probably be better off dropping support for older versions of the operating system since that will allow the majority of your users to benefit from all of the latest improvements to the platform.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Izzy avatar image
Izzy answered

Hello @Ross@Amazon thanks for the reply, I will probably end up dropping support than for older iOS versions, would it be possible to use an older amazon ads sdk if I did want to support ios 7? or do older amazon ads sdk not work with latest ios 10?, thanks very much again for your help.

1 comment
10 |5000

Ross@Amazon avatar image Ross@Amazon ♦♦ commented ·

It is recommended to use the latest version of the Amazon Mobile Ads SDK. Older versions of the SDK may reference APIs that have been changed or removed from newer operating systems, which would cause errors to occur. Older versions of the Amazon Mobile Ads SDK may also not be able to access all of the latest ads.

0 Likes 0 ·
Izzy avatar image
Izzy answered
@Ross@Amazon

one more question is it possible to use a single instance of my banner for all my view controllers ? so I don't have to create a new one for every view controller

1 comment
10 |5000

Ross@Amazon avatar image Ross@Amazon ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, it is possible to use a single ad banner as long as it's being displayed on only one page at a time.

0 Likes 0 ·