question

newuser-97cb2d44-81dd-42dd-b0eb-123d63967e88 avatar image
newuser-97cb2d44-81dd-42dd-b0eb-123d63967e88 asked ·

Why can't I update my app?

I can't update my app it shows as "Failed to upload binary. The version codes of all uploaded binaries in an app must be unique. The binary you just uploaded with version code 1 conflicts with the version code of an existing binary in one of the previous versions." but i have changed my version code from 1 to 2 and version name from 1.0 to 2.0

app submission and updatesappupdate
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! I have replied to your Contact Us case about this issue. In general, to upload an update, you should click on your app in the Dashboard, and then click the 'Add Upcoming Version' link near your app's icon. The system will copy all metadata into a new placeholder, where you'll need to switch to the 'Binary File(s)' tab and there upload your new binary.

When you build an update to your app, make sure that the package name is the same, and versionCode is at least 1 higher than previously submitted version, so in this case versionCode of 2 should be fine. Normally versionCode value is found in your AndroidManifest.xml file, however if you are using Android Studio with Gradle, check your module-leve build.gradle file. The values in your Gradle settings normally override anything in the manifest .xml file, so it's worth checking there to see whether you still have value of 1 there (if so, set it to 2). After that rebuild and resubmit, and hopefully it will go through fine. Thanks!

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.