question

newuser-0f746ec2-6093-440e-ac6d-4efd470ae6ca avatar image
newuser-0f746ec2-6093-440e-ac6d-4efd470ae6ca asked ·

I have an app set up for Live App Testing but none of the testers are receiving the invitation email

I have a new app that I have set up for LAT but none of the testers are receiving the email to notify them that it is available for testing. Are there any settings that need to be made in the individual account or any way that I can resend the email to the testers?

live app testing
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

Welcome to dev forums and thanks for posting! Invitations for your Live App Test app can only be sent when your tester's email address is included in the marketing communications from Amazon. To resolve this issue, please ask each of your testers to follow this link:https://www.amazon.com/gp/gss/ccp/

and enable marketing communication for Appstore by selecting the option button labeled "Send me marketing e-mail from the following categories" and then clicking "Save". After setting your marketing communication preferences, the change will take effect starting with the next and all subsequent tests. Therefore, it's best to simply create a new test and the system will automatically email your testers.

4 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Weve got exactly the same problem, and the above is not an answer as weve tried various different emails + ensured they are enabled to receive marketing emails - basically it simply does not work

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image Levon@Amazon ♦ newuser-0c46fc51-c514-4147-9358-11f9271433e2 ·

Hi there,

While we are investigating, please try the steps below:

The most effective method to ensure LAT emails are received is for the testers to reset their marketing preferences. To do so: Sign into amazon.com and adjust the email preferences for that region. However, as Live App Testing is not an available option in the list, the email owner will need to check "Do not send me any marketing email for now", save, uncheck "Do not send me any marketing email for now", and save again. This will immediately opt him or her back into Live App Testing invitations. Afterwards, a new invitation can be generated by removing them from the test group, saving, and adding them again. Please let us know if that works for you. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

We've got the same problem is well, and have tried checking, saving, unchecking and saving the "Do not send me any marketing email for now" field in the marketing preferences. Yet still none of our testers are getting the LAT email. Everything else seems fine and the LAT submission was successful.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

While the LAT team is investigating this problem, could you please specify whether you are not receiving emails at all, even for testers with well known email providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook? If you can receive some invitations (for example, those sent to known providers), as a temporary workaround ask your testers to provide email addresses they use with such known providers (or create new email accounts if they don't). Once they receive an invitation email, they can use the invite URL from there to download the LAT version of your app into their Amazon account, even if that account is not using the same email address. The URL can be used one time though, so it won't be possible to share that same URL among all testers. Please let us know whether that works for you, while we investigate this issue.

Another thing to check is the list of supported countries for your app. Login to your Dev Portal account, click on your app in the Dashboard, switch to the "Availability & Pricing" tab, and make sure that the country (or countries) where your testers have their Amazon accounts, are selected. Ideally, for the question "Where would you like this app to be available?", make sure the default "In all countries and regions where Amazon sells apps" is selected. Thanks!

SimonSays avatar image
SimonSays answered ·

Hi, I am having the same problem. My testers are not getting the invitation mail. I put in my own account as well and tested if I could get i.e. the mail to download the Amazon Appstore. I did get this mail. I made sure that every tab asking for a language ("Description", "Images & Multimedia", "Binary File(s)") got English and German. The "Availability & Pricing" tab is the default, "In all countries and regions where Amazon sells apps".

Does a tester need to have a device compatible with the app to get the mail? Does the app has to be submitted (live, not for live testing) or at least have an already uploaded candidate (live)?

Dom Barnes avatar image
Dom Barnes answered ·

Having the same issues. Have got one tester on a Google Apps address, one on iCloud. 'Amazon Appstore' promo email option enabled. Tried disabling all emails, saving ,re-enabling. No luck.

Trying to get a beta app onto a Fire TV stick

Levon@Amazon answered ·

@SimonSays, @Dom Barnes

Hi there,

Those invitation emails are part of Amazon's marketing communication. As such, not you, but each of your testers should follow this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/gss/ccp/

and enable marketing communication for Appstore by selecting the option button labeled "Send me marketing e-mail from the following categories" while being logged in to their Amazon account, the same account where they use the email that you enter into the testers list.

The tester is not required to have a compatible device -- when the system sends out the email, it does not check that. As such, you can send those invitations to any email, and then the tester can use the URL from that email on the compatible device to download the app; or they can use that URL on their desktop browser to get the app (in the cloud) and download it later. The invitation URL can be used only once though. Thanks!

SimonSays avatar image
SimonSays answered ·

Hi,

I got one "solution". I added a new app to my dashboard (I also changed the package name of my app, because I didn't want to delete the "old" app in the dashboard) and put the same data in as before. Now my testers get the invite (for the "new" app), if they have the marketing communication enabled.

I may have made a mistake in setting up the live testing before. First I thought I submitted a live test, while actually submitting my app to the official store. I noticed my mistake and aborted. Maybe there was the problem.

Hope I could help someone else.

1 comment

Thanks for additional details -- and yes, you are right, invitations will be sent only when a new test in the Live App Testing section is created. Simply submitting an app won't send invitations. Thanks for sharing your experience!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jaye Dee avatar image
Jaye Dee answered ·

Our testers are having this issue too. I get the notification that emails were sent to invite testers, yet no emails were received. We confirmed this with several accounts, one of which goes out to my whole team. I have tried changing the notifications on the testing accounts and back again, to no avail.

2 comments

Hi Jaye Dee,

Thanks for posting! As we are working to improve the LAT service, for the time being please use known email providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook, as a workaround. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Levon, this solution only worked for the first time. Tests created subsequently also did not send invites to existing testers, no matter their mail provider.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-9403260a-abeb-4374-87de-dfc541696441 avatar image
newuser-9403260a-abeb-4374-87de-dfc541696441 answered ·

We are facing the same issue and we use gmail tester accounts. None of our testers are receiving email notifications. Is there a solution for this.

1 comment

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! Check the Spam folder, make sure there are no mail rules that might delete those messages, try to end the current test, and start a new one. If you still experience any problems, please login to your Dev Portal account and use Contact Us to indicate the app name / ID and, so we could investigate. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-8b5020f2-8c68-431c-b882-8722e72771e7 avatar image
newuser-8b5020f2-8c68-431c-b882-8722e72771e7 answered ·

Skill Name : -Nevotek InRoomControl

our beta testers did not receive any invitation email after selecting send reminder

1 comment

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! This is an older thread about mobile apps beta test. Please create a new thread in the Alexa Skills Kit space, and someone from the Alexa team will look into this. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-611fba5c-5e71-41d7-a3be-42b37a07532b avatar image
newuser-611fba5c-5e71-41d7-a3be-42b37a07532b answered ·

I am not getting invite mails for testing either.

Seeing how it is mentioned to allow marketing communication, I wonder if it is necessary to enter only mail addresses that are actual Amazon accounts? We would like to be able to enter the company mail addresses for the testers and not ask everybody for private addresses!

Some of the receivers would probably not actually even be testers, but eg our managers so they know that we are in the testing phase.

If this is currently not possible, is this something that could be implemented? Both Apple and Google allow you to simply add an address and invites are send without any prerequisite to either having an Apple ID or Google account...

2 comments

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! Yes, Live App Testing requires testers to have Amazon accounts where they allow marketing communications from Amazon, to be able to receive those invitation emails.

Please ask each tester to perform the following actions:

• - go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/gss/ccp/
  • - if prompted to login, then login with your Amazon account, using the same email address that you want to use for Live App Testing
  • - on the "Communication Preferences Center" locate the "Promotional Emails" (the last section)
  • - click the down arrow on that section to expand it
  • - in the list of departments, put a checkmark next to "Amazon Appstore"
  • - click the "Update" button
0 Likes 0 ·

I followed these steps and didn't work. Then I checked all options and also didn't work. What's going on? What's the solution to this?

0 Likes 0 ·