question

newuser-8db74c08-4115-461a-8342-2723fd72dbff avatar image

Fire TV not auto updating app

I have uploaded a new release for an app that has gone live. Yet FireTv is not auto-updating the app to the newest version. When scrolling through apps on the FireTv library, there is not an update option under the app as expected. It only has "add to favorites" or "uninstall". I have to uninstall the old one manually and then download the new version from the store to get the newest version on the fireTv stick. auto-update apps setting is on. Any idea what the issue could be?

fire tvapp submission and updatesupdate
3 comments
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! This could be related to how the binaries are refreshed on the server side. It's normally around 4 hours for an update to propagate, but can take up to a day in some cases, and during that window the previous version will be visible / downloadable. This is even when the status of your latest update is shown as "Live" in your Dev Portal account. How long has it been since the update? Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

It's been several days since it went live. So this is odd that it's not auto updating.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks. We'd need to associate your account and investigate this further. For that please login to your Dev Portal and open a 'Contact Us' case, specifying the app name, the device model and OS version, any other relevant info, and provide a URL to this forum thread for context. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Joseph Shelby avatar image
Joseph Shelby answered

I can say that I've had some difficulties getting my Fire TV Sticks to recognize that there is an update to my app (SubFire Player). One took a couple of days, no matter how often I rebooted and/or hit the "Sync Content" in Settings->Account.

My tablet has had issues recognizing auto-update for a long time. Often the only way to get an update is to go into the app store and find it that way, the "Update" button is clearly there...but auto-update page in my library never shows an update button for anything...including my own app.

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.