question

newuser-80b39c0b-d209-4fd7-ba26-14e5869b3e00 avatar image

Is the code verifier parameter mandatory for using the LWA Web API?

My question is regarding the code_verifier parameter that is mentioned in the Authorization Code Grant & Request New Refresh and Access Tokens sections of the using the LWA Web API documentation: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/dash-replenishment-service/docs/dash-lwa-web-api

In both sections the code_verifier parameter appears as part of the HTTP Body Parameters but is not included in the sample request code for either section.

I do not use the code_verifier during the Authorization Code Grant POST request and it works without a glitch. I receive the access and refresh tokens every time.

I imagine the code_verifier parameter could also be omitted for the Request New Refresh and Access Tokens POST request.

Having said all of the above, I must ask; Is the code verifier parameter mandatory for using the LWA Web API?

dash replenishment service
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! We are currently looking into this, however if your code works correctly during the Authorization Code Grant POST request, even without code_verifier, just like you see in the sample request code -- then please use it that way.

I will post here whenever I have any updates about this. Thanks!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered
10 |5000