question

Steve A avatar image
Steve A asked

More Custom Slots woes

I really wish the custom slots worked better. I guess that they have to be regimented a bit to return values that aren't explicitly given. But it's sort of a guessing games what's actually going to come out. "living room" gets returned "living-room" A custom slot with these values one second two seconds three seconds, etc returns... 1/2 2/2 3/2 I love the way that the custom slots reduce the number of utterances needed as samples, but it's a bit hit and miss for me whether they actually give me anything useful.
alexa skills kitvoice-user interface
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

memo@amazon avatar image
memo@amazon answered
HI Steven, Thanks for reporting these issues. It's not expected behavior, and we are actively looking to resolve them. We'll update the thread as information becomes available.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

memo@amazon avatar image
memo@amazon answered
Good news! We've deployed fixes to both the issues Steven reported. Now 'living room' will return 'living room' and 'two seconds' will return '2 seconds'. Thanks.
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
That's great! Thanks so much! Steve
10 |5000