question

gekkonaut avatar image
gekkonaut asked

Certification issue with sample utterances.

Hi. My skill, in it's first iteration, allows a user to ask the status of the NYC subway system. I've received this feedback as my last remaining item: 1. All of your example interactions (except launch utterances) should be included exactly in your sample utterances. You are currently missing the following: GetAllStatus the status of all lines ... but I believe I've covered this. I've asked for more information by replying to the reviewer's email as well. I have a sample utterance which is "Alexa, ask subway for the status of all lines". I verified this calls the intent they listed as not included (GetAllStatus) I thought perhaps they wanted me to remove "for" from the sample utterance, but that just sounds less natural. Perhaps the reviewer made an error .. the feedback doesn't make much sense to me as it is. Anyone else run into this? Thanks, James
alexa skills kitvoice-user interface
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
I think your guess is right. They are looking for that exact utterance. As the feedback says, "All of your example interactions (except launch utterances) should be included *exactly* in your sample utterances." You can certainly keep your sample utterance as it is now, along with the exact wording they are looking for. And, as they suggest elsewhere, include lots of small variations to that phrase as well. The certification process can be a bit frustrating. I've found, however, that after my initial reactions of frustration, etc., the requests tend to be generally reasonable. Best, Steve
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gekkonaut avatar image
gekkonaut answered
UPDATE: They've replied immediately with clarification. "To be clear, what we were looking for was a sample utterance for the GetAllStatus intent which is exactly “the status of all lines”. You had “status of all lines” without the “the” which was the reason for the failure." I simply had to have sample utterances which matched the example phrase exactly...(included the word "the") .. the app still worked with my example phrases, but example phrases need to explicitly match sample utterances for certification ..
10 |5000