question

newuser-ebfc4195-b359-4b62-b8ab-c4d9cf5e57ca avatar image

Alexa Skill, Audio play back is taking time

Hi, i'm working on Alexa skill with audio play list.The audios are placed on same S3 bucket and i'm using URL of that particular location (with cloud-front enabled).

The issue is that some audios take time to start (i.e. 5 seconds), whereas, some start quickly. There's no difference in file size or file location, and same code is being used for all the audios. Although, i guess it's some issue with Alexa audio player.

If an audio is resumed, it doesn't take that much time to start. My code to play the audio is as:

<code>this.response.audioPlayerPlay('REPLACE_ALL', url, token,null, offset);

Please note, i'm working in node.js, my end point is a lambda function and i'm using 'alexa-sdk' (node package)

I'm unable to understand the issue. Please help.

alexa skills kitlambdaaudio
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered
Is there any correlation in terms of order? Sometimes the first audio file will take longer to cache but the second one will pre-emptively cache lowering loading time. Is this what you are encountering or is it more random?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.