question

Spacefish avatar image
Spacefish asked

How to move my alexa account to US?

If i try to go to the smart home skills page in the Alexa configuration (alexa.amazon.de) i always get a warning:

The language you selected does not match your Amazon account settings.

As a result, Alexa skills are not available. To get the best Alexa experience, please choose German by selecting continue

If i press the button below the message, it drops me to a settings page, where i can´t change the language..

I guess this is due to Smart Home not being availiable inside germany.. i can´t even access alexa.amazon.com (always forwards me to alexa.amazon.de). It would be nice if i can migrate my alexa account to US so i can test my smart home skill :(

Or is there any other way to select smart home skills for a german alexa account?

skill
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Spacefish avatar image
Spacefish answered

I think i found a solution, at least it works for me:

- Go to amazon.com - Go to "My Amazon" - Click Manage my digital content and devices - Open Settings Tab - Change shop to amazon.com

this seems to change the alexa server as well! It all looks like Kindle related, but changes Alexa as well!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Antti81 avatar image
Antti81 answered

I hate this too. I gave feedback through all possible channels.

10 |5000

ullrich avatar image
ullrich answered

+1, I'm running into the same issue. Moved from Germany to the US more than 2 years ago. Just got my Echo dot, and can't use it to its full extend :( Can't even call an Uber!!! omg!

10 |5000

Spacefish avatar image
Spacefish answered

They should allow to migrate your account by hand, or via the dev console.. Guess you loose all your data, as these Alexa Instances seem to be forks of each other.. So they can´t migrate, as they are on different version possibly... But for development, it´s a pain in the ****...

10 |5000

acgreen avatar image
acgreen answered

Got the same thing. Although I would love to change the setting to German to be able to test the German Alexa Skills I've developed, but as you said. There's no option to do that.

10 |5000

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered
The above answers are all correct. Customer service, if contacted, can also assist you with these sort of region issues if needed.
10 |5000

Tobias avatar image
Tobias answered

migrating the account is not an option, as i had to mirgrate it to germany to use my firetv. now you tell me that to make alexa work, i should move it back to the us, which would break firetv again ... laptop and iphone are english, amazon i use in german (switching the language to english doesn't help). alexa asks me to switch to german which i supposedly should do by selecting continue. continue takes me to the settings where there are no language settings.

10 |5000