question

ketio avatar image
ketio asked

How to recognize number with more than one digit?

I am using the intent with slot. I set the type of the slot to "Amazon.Number". Like Below: { "intent": "AnswerIntent", "slots": [ { "name": "Answer", "type": "AMAZON.NUMBER" } ] } And I fill "Sample Utterances" with "AnswerIntent it is {Answer}". But when I test the app in Service Simulator. It can only recognize one to nine. If I type "it is ten", the Answer Slot will be NaN but not 10. I want it to recognize all positive integer such as eleven, one hundreds, ten thousand and fifty one... What is the problem here? Thanks.
alexa skills kitvoice-user interface
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered
I've seen this work fine. Check the companion app to see what Alexa things you said. If it think you said "I am hen", then the result makes sense.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cdburns123 avatar image
cdburns123 answered
I have this for my DirecTV setup. It allows me to ask what is on any channel; works great: { "intents": [ { "intent": "TV", "slots": [ { "name": "command", "type": "LITERAL" }, { "name": "ch", "type": "AMAZON.NUMBER" }, { "name": "dowhat", "type": "AMAZON.LITERAL" }, { "name": "dotime", "type": "AMAZON.TIME" } ] } ] } -- TV channel {ch} TV {what is on|dowhat} channel {ch} ----and a lot more ---- -- on the Service Simulator: Alexa ask my TV what is on channel two hundred twenty nine and it returns the following: "version": "1.0", "response": { "outputSpeech": { "type": "PlainText", "text": "Fixer Upper " }, "card": { "content": "SessionSpeechlet - Fixer Upper ", "title": "SessionSpeechlet - Alexa HA Request", "type": "Simple" }, "reprompt": { "outputSpeech": { "type": "PlainText", "text": "" } }, "shouldEndSession": false }, "sessionAttributes": {} } Message was edited by: cdburns123
10 |5000