question

newuser-7a67147e-dd73-4936-b402-aff438ff349d avatar image

How do I get a skill published for Alexa in the UK ?

Hi,

I've just recently published a skill and got my certification notification this morning.

It's a flash briefing for Irish news but I don't see it when I search the skills available to the UK.

Is there something specific I need to do to get it on the UK Skills list ?

I'm assuming it can be done because apparently I should even get a T-Shirt if I publish a UK skill before December 15 - see the page here : https://developer.amazon.com/en-gb/alexa-skills-kit

Thanks !

BTW - I have set the Skill language to English (US) - is this an issue maybe ?

alexa skills kitflash briefing
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered

As you said; if you want the skill available for the UK, you'll need a UK language set. Create a new language version, copy over the US intent schema, sample utterances, etc, resubmit and you should be good to go. However, as you'll see from the developer portal however, you cannot create a UK version as FB isn't available in the UK yet.

I'd suggest just creating a normal custom interaction skill if you're after a t shirt.Good luck; I am eagerly waiting arrival of my own!

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Where in the developer portal does it say Flash Briefing isn't available in the UK yet? Judging from these forums, it's not as clear as it needs to be.

0 Likes 0 ·

There are similar threads on the matter like here and here, but I will definitely pass this feedback on to the team to try and make this clearer for developers.

0 Likes 0 ·
OliPassey avatar image
OliPassey answered

Any idea when we can expect the Flash Briefing API to be available for UK devs?

1 comment
10 |5000

Hi OliPassey. I'm sure you can understand that we are unable to comment on specutions about future features.

0 Likes 0 ·