question

bert77 avatar image
bert77 asked

apk using videoview() not working correctly on firetvstick 2nd gen (works great on 1st gen)

Hi we have an app that can play multiple videos at once using the android videoview() api. This app works great on the 1st gen firetv stick but on the 2nd gen stick sometimes there is allot of flickering, other times one of the videos is completely missing. Since it works great on the 1st gen firetv stick and other android devices there must be some issue with the 2nd gen firetv stick. I have attached a logcat output of the problem. firestick2manyvideos.txt

fire tv
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks bert77,

I have forwarded your message and logcat output to the FireOS team. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi bert77,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please help us to obtain the below info:

1. The hwc error log you pasted usually because the display driver does not release its input buffer which is also MDP output buffer. We will need kernel log for analysis. Could you please provide the kernel log.

2. Please provide the app that can play multiple videos at once. If it can't be provided, please provide SurfaceFlinger dump log when playing video with this app.

a. adb root 
     b. adb remount 
     c. playing multiple video by app 
     d. adb shell dumpsys SurfaceFlinger 

If you have any difficulties retrieving this info manually, please let me know and I will work with you to obtain and upload all logs so we could reproduces the problem. Thank you!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.