question

WebUser avatar image
WebUser asked ·

Headless way of authenticating Alexa on Raspberry Pi

I followed the Alexa on Raspberry Pi tutorial and it is really cool. I have a non-critical issue and a question. The issue is that when I complete the authentication initiated by the Alexa Java client using Login With Amazon, the CompanionService Node.js app receives a request at http://localhost:3000/authresponse, and that results in an error "Not Found" with a 404 code. But the Java client still receives the token and works, both with and without the wake word agent.

The question - Can Alexa be started on the Pi in a headless mode without requiring the manual step of logging into Login With Amazon?

alexa voice servicedevices
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered ·

You have to log in once every time you start the companion server. If you leave the server running, then you should be able to start the app every time without logging in. You can probably get a headless setup running after you go through the non-headless one-time setup (assuming you leave the companion service always running). If you really want to start up and shut down your pi, you can consider moving the companion service to a separate, always-on machine. You'd have to change the security profile and config files though.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.