question

EternalSecurity avatar image
EternalSecurity asked ·

Can we get some clarity on when Tier ups will happen again please?

Please can we get some sort of clarity i.e. time scale on when tier ups on accounts will resume?

I have emailed Merch before and keep getting the extremely vague canned answer of "We are selectively tiering some users up as we work to expand capacity. We will post an update in the dashboard when we resume reviewing all accounts. Please note that we do not evaluate accounts or provide tier upgrade assistance through this support channel". ...It would be fair to ask which channel is support provided for tier upgrades, if any?

I have spoke with many different people who have told me they've not been tiered up recently and I have been due a tier up for over 4 weeks now myself based on sales volume.

A straight answer on this would be appreciated so that we can plan ahead, if tier ups are being frozen or held off presently, it would simply be nice to know and kept in the loop and on when they are likely to resume. Thank you!

merch by amazontier
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Akial avatar image
Akial answered ·

It's pretty obvious merch is having issues right now. Not sure what you expect. This whole thing is still in beta and AMZ is notorious for overworking their employees. I'm sure they are doing their best to juggle everything already, last thing they are thinking about right now is expanding.

This is all speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they halted all new application acceptances and tier-ups until the end of the holiday season and revisit that once things slow down.

3 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Possibly but that's why I want a clear answer and not speculation.

0 Likes 0 ·

Amazon is and has always been intentionally very vague accross all their platforms. I feel your pain, but that's just how it is.

0 Likes 0 ·

Agree. I would be surprised if they tier anyone up before the Holidays.

0 Likes 0 ·
Charlie avatar image
Charlie answered ·

Yes I appreciate that tier ups may be on hold for now. However, it'd be awesome if we could get a response to enable me to plan the slots that I do have accordingly. Q4 is the biggest time of the year. i can appreciate that amazon is busy planning and am grateful that they are working hard their end. A heads up so I can plan my business is all that is required. I understand there probably wont be a response until Monday.

1 comment

I think the answer is fairly clear, your personal business plans are not of paramount importance to Amazon, they have thousands of Merch sellers and have issued as much information as they can at this time. All you can do is plan for whatever eventuality and be prepared to take action then. Maybe they tier you up on Monday, so have the designs ready and uploaded as drafts, maybe they don't do any tier increases until after Christmas, so make the most of the slots you have available right now. They are obviously stretched to cope with all the current problems and demands, so patience is the key.

1 Like 1 ·
M avatar image
M answered ·

I'd imagine that new accounts and tier upgrades on existing accounts would be put on hold until at least January if Amazon are being at all sensible and forward-thinking about it. They already know that the system is struggling to deal with the existing level of users and listing uploads/edits, and they were utterly overwhelmed by orders last Nov/Dec and were unable to keep up with either stock levels or printing capacity.

So even with the increased capacity they've been working on I'd be amazed (and worried!) if they risked customer satisfaction and order fulfilment for a 2nd year running by deliberately putting more pressure on their systems.