question

newuser-731d5f58-e47a-4d0b-ae7a-a59a68603d43 avatar image

compositeID not created?

According to the documentation we can automatically create a teaser page if we supply the device copositeId [1].

When I created my device using the wizard there was no compositeID generated. The only IDs I have are:

• Device Model ID located on the device page
  • LWA Client ID
  • Security Profile ID

None of these are in the format of:

• amzn1.dash.v1.composite.315d909f-e392-4040-8dba-48f8ec170a1c

I tried substituting in the Device Model ID for the hex unique identifier portion and the request erroredd out with:

• Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://fls-na.amazon.com/1/batch/1/OE/. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ does not match ‘*’).

Is this feature to have teaser pages autogenerated still available? If it is, how does one generate a compositeID or what should be used instead?

Thanks!

[1] https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/dash-replenishment-service/docs/dash-teaser-page

helphow-tologin with amazondocumentationdash replenishment service
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi NewUser, I contacted the Dash team and will post here as soon as I have an update. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi there,

The composite id is not a part of device creation process, it will be provided separately by Amazon once you have completed device creation. Thanks!

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, I have completed device creation but still can not find the creation ID.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks Vincent, I have added an answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Apologies for the confusion. Currently, developers can retrieve the compositeID when they submit the device to DRS platform (certify the device). Not having the composite ID should not affect the normal setup and device registration, and it can be updated later with customized images provided by the developers. We will update the documentation to clarify this. Thanks!

10 |5000