question

newuser-5a330b78-2f53-4660-ba5b-c4131e61f76b avatar image

Query about in app purchase

Hii my query is that when the player buys any in app purchase it has to be used directly in game just after buying it and iap data will not be saved. So in next game default data has to be loaded. This is the basic nature of my game which is very important. But on the other side it will be unfair with the players if they exit the game by mistakely. And if i implement to save the Iap data it will change the concept of game.So what to do i am not getting it.Please Help

iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi NewUser,

Thanks for posting in the forums! As you said yourself, it would be very unfair to the user if you force them to use something right after the purchase, as there are many things outside of user's control that can go wrong and prevent them from using the item (low battery / device shutdown, no network connection, application crash, etc). All of that would create a negative user experience, including requests for refunds and bad reviews. Because of that it is not recommended to implement your IAPs that way. I assume your specific case is about a consumable item. If so, you should always allow the user to use the item first, regardless of when they bought it, and only after they used it, you should mark the item as consumed. It's best to adjust your code to take that into consideration and create a more positive (and reliable) user experience.

For an example on how to implement a consumable in-app item, please check the sample included in the SDK. Thanks!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.