question

John Penk avatar image
John Penk asked

Why do I need to add a phone number for supporting my Apps??

Hello, why do I need to add a phone number for supporting my Apps? I don't want users to call me for support. I want them to use my support email. If I don't add a phone number, I can't upload my apps. Thank you,

John

amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tony@Amazon avatar image
Tony@Amazon answered

Hello John,

Thank you for writing into the forums. You are correct that we do require support information when you submit your app. However, when you are submitting your app, there is an option to use the information that you provided in your Company Profile. In your Company Profile, the support information is not required. Although we highly recommend that you provide some support information, you are free to leave off a contact method that you do not support.

Please note, you can update your Company Profile via the "Settings" menu in your Developer Portal. However, if you make changes to your Company Profile, the change will not take place until there is a metadata or version update to your app(s).

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-3a553605-3340-42d1-947e-bc615ae4d2cd avatar image
newuser-3a553605-3340-42d1-947e-bc615ae4d2cd answered

It forces you to add the phone number.

10 |5000

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

It doesn't force you to add the phone number, if you check "Use my default support information" -- all the fields after that get disabled, so you cannot / and don't have to enter that info. See below:

support-info.png (56.8 KiB)
10 |5000