question

John Adams avatar image
John Adams asked

What's going on with Merch by Amazon?

Apparently, apology emails are going out to customers for delayed processing and shipping times of Merch by Amazon t-shirts. This tells me we are about to run into capacity issues as Q4 ramps up with more sales volume. On the flip side, Merch by Amazon has a new policy on November 15 that removes t-shirts that don't sell. If we have search throttling again like we did last year and earlier this summer, we're in for some trouble. Search throttling = slow or no sales on some designs = deleted due to new policy.

What's the goal, and what's the intent Merch by Amazon team? Is Amazon phasing Merch by Amazon out by sliding in a new policy just in time for search throttling season to clear the marketplace of new sellers?

merch by amazonhelp
1 comment
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Holly S Hertzel avatar image
Holly S Hertzel answered

FOLLOWING. Not sure it's being phased out but certainly not ramping up in ways it should or could be.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

KJ avatar image
KJ answered

Copycats, processing errors, pricing errors, throttled listings, Split listings and now...wait for it...REMOVING BLACK from color options on all male/m and male/l shirts? What is Amazon doing here? All in time to be punished for lacking sales. Wonderful. :/

2 comments

Did I miss something about black being removed and where did you see this?. . .:-)

0 Likes 0 ·

Just started noticing it in my listings but it appears it was only temporary. Thank goodness. My listings today seem to have black m/l options again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer answered

And an almost complete lack of communication from Merch doesnt help.

Charlie avatar image
Charlie answered

I really wish we'd get some communication here. All new shirts listed are showing as currently unavailable. Black is OOS on many sizes including the most popular medium and large on some people's best sellers and not on others. God help us during the latter half of November and beginning of December if this continues.

Mike avatar image
Mike answered

Interested to hear some official word on this. I came in to the forum to see if anyone else was experiencing a significant decrease in sales over the past few days. Didn't expect to see this, but it appears I have my answer.

T-Shirt Design Fan avatar image
T-Shirt Design Fan answered

It really is discouraging what I'm seeing. I just got in the program a couple of weeks ago and started getting sales. Now I can't upload anything else due to the processing issue. No doubt I won't be tiered up any time soon but I'd just like to be able to remove the ones stuck. I was having steady sales up until Monday. Now things have dropped off. I really don't think Amazon was prepared for how this would grow.

1 comment

That was last years excuse, I'm waiting on this years.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sam Wade avatar image
Sam Wade answered

All, it just sounds like a bunch of whiners and complainers when you cant wait even a day for a response. Merch is better now than its ever been, so go back to your full time job and deal with it. To even give one second of thought to Merch being phased out is insane.

1 comment

New to all this and still see Merch as a MASSIVE opportunity. To be able to upload a design to Amazon and have a physical item for sale on the world largest ecommerce store with all the benefits is stunning. From my new perspective we need to take the good with the bad. . . .

0 Likes 0 ·
dbblz avatar image
dbblz answered

I doubt they are phasing it out? Some of you are pulling down tens of thousands of dollars a week in sales. Why would they walk away from that? They just need to build out the infrastructure to support the demand the system is creating for new designers and it's taking longer than expected. A solution is coming I'm sure.

Designerjon avatar image
Designerjon answered

New to all this and still see Merch as a MASSIVE opportunity. To be able to upload a design to Amazon and have a physical item for sale on the world largest ecommerce store with all the benefits is stunning. From my new perspective we need to take the good with the bad. . . .

KJ avatar image
KJ answered

I noticed black appears to be back in stock. I also had a few stuck shirts break loose yesterday. To top it off it would seem as though Amazon is beginning to crack down on some of the copycats. I do a lot of complaining here I know and probably more so than needed so let me say again THANK YOU for doing the best you can. I will try to be more patient. I work on other PODS also and in spite of its faults Amazon is still the best. Keep it up guys and happy holidays.