question

eomori avatar image
eomori asked ·

IAP Free to Paid

Hello,

We would like to offer our in-app items for free during limited times and will sell it for 0.99 USD later. Is fine in terms of store policy?

If yes, on the developer console, can we change the "Are you charging for this consumable?" from "No, this is a free consumable" to "Yes, my base list price is..." without any issues? How long will it take if we want to change the price change?

Thank you!

iapamazon appstorehow-toprice
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi eomori,

Thanks for posting on the forums! If you would like to self-promote your apps, including with Price Drops or Advertise Your App, please see the overview on the Promotions Console within your Amazon Appstore developer's account here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/resources/promotional-tools/promotions-console

and a related blog post here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/community/post/Tx3LMG96V3HOLCD/Easily-Manage-Pricing-&-Discounts:-Developer-Promotion-Console

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eomori avatar image
eomori answered ·

Hi Levon,

Thank you for the info. I was not aware of the "Promotions" feature, it seems very useful and easy to manage the promotion, but I still have a few more queries regarding the promotion setup. Could you please confirm the process below is correct to achieve an example promotion plan?

<Plan>

An IAP release as free on 1 Jan 2017 until 15 Jan 2017 and then the price will be changed to 0.99€.

<Process on Developer Consoles>

- Submit an IAP with 0.99 € with the availability date as 1 Jan 2017 on Developer Console

- After the approval, create a campaign "Launch promotion" with the availability date from 1 Jan 2017 until 15 Jan with adjusted list price "0".

Or, is it possible to create a campaign against an IAP before the approval?

Lastly, if we would like to run the promotion on 1 Jan for example, when do I need to complete the promotion setup?

Thanks!

Eri

eomori avatar image
eomori answered ·

Hello,

Sorry to chase, but any feedback on my last query above? Thanks!

Eri

Leia@Amazon avatar image
Leia@Amazon answered ·

These are great questions, however we'll want to answer this question through email in order to look up your account and provide more specfics.

For account-specific inquiries, please file a ContactUs: https://developer.amazon.com/public/support/contact/contact-us