question

Owen avatar image
Owen asked

Flash Briefing - UK

Hi,

Does anyone have any information about when the Flash briefing API will be available in English (UK)?

I know its only relatively new to the dev kit, but any potential timescale would be helpful.

Thanks

Owen

flash briefing
4 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Unfortunately, we haven't made any announcements yet. I'd keep an eye on our developer blog here for updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
docM avatar image docM Jamie Grossman ♦♦ ·

UK Echo users are crying out for content. I'd have thought it was an obvious win-win to enable this as soon as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
TheHermit avatar image TheHermit Jamie Grossman ♦♦ ·

If only we could add the developers blog as a Flash Briefing in the UK :p But seriously we need this.

0 Likes 0 ·

It's now been many months since we started asking for this! Please for all that is good in this world, let us respected UK Bloggers and writers get our Briefings into the hands of the UK population.

If other stuff can be done with the UK language - why is this being held back to only allow the copr's in? Big money speaks I guess :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered

Here we are! The API is now live in the UK and DE.

Jamie

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bupkes avatar image
bupkes answered

I'll add my voice to this. I just got a Dot having seen lots of adverts and posts about what they can do, and although I'm having fun with it there does seem a stark contrast between what skills are available in the US and the UK. I'm disappointed to say the least.

However I am keen to get stuck in to the API stuff so onward and upwards :)

Any timescale on the UK Flash Briefing would be great...

3 comments
10 |5000

I'd be happy at this point to at least be able to *test* skills on my UK Dot, even if I can't publish to people in the UK.

0 Likes 0 ·
devus.jpg (4.0 KiB)

Hey! You can still use echosim.io to test your FB skill.

0 Likes 0 ·
TalkTech avatar image TalkTech Jamie Grossman ♦♦ ·

I have tried this without success

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-8c82fa3d-fbca-46dc-a2be-c3edfd9a0d2a avatar image
newuser-8c82fa3d-fbca-46dc-a2be-c3edfd9a0d2a answered

Yes, come on amazon sort it out. I'm not really that interested in publishing it at the moment I just want to customise my echo.

10 |5000

TalkTech avatar image
TalkTech answered

I am too waiting for this, my blog is ready to go, my briefings lined up! Added to my dev skills, but no luck testing! Come on Amazon!

10 |5000

Rory Standley avatar image
Rory Standley answered

I've published a FB in the last few days and didn't even realise it was limited to US. It's aimed at UK! Still nothing on it yet?

1 comment
10 |5000

I'd suggest keeping an eye on our blog here for any updates regarding the matter. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
skysteve avatar image
skysteve answered

In the hope it'll bump it up the Amazon backlog if more of us say we want it... I'm also keen for this feature. It's currently very confusing that I can create a flash briefing skill in the dev portal, can see the skill on the alexa app, but can't see it in my flash briefing settings.

The BBC/guardian both have flash briefing skills in the UK so it clearly works, seems a bit unfair on indy devs that we're left out in the cold.

1 comment
10 |5000

Thanks for bumping this thread. Unfortunately we can't comment on future plans, but I'd suggest keeping an eye on our blog here for any updates regarding the matter.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-01c78d93-24fd-45f5-a689-7007e35e8f3f avatar image
newuser-01c78d93-24fd-45f5-a689-7007e35e8f3f answered

I've just published one on the US Flash platform - but it's tied to the UK so can't wait for this to go live. Oddly, they let you put the region it's applicable for is only UK....

10 |5000