question

puddyman2 avatar image
puddyman2 asked

Alexa raspberry pi with Alexa app?

I have alexa working great on my raspberry pi, she responds to questions, adds items to my shopping list etc. etc.

but when I log in to the Alexa app either on my phone or on the online portal it doesn't update my shopping list or alarms or tasks or anything and my history is empty as if i've never turned it on any advice?

alexa voice service
5 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eric@Amazon avatar image Eric@Amazon commented ·

That's certainly very odd. If you go to Settings, is your device listed?

0 Likes 0 ·
puddyman2 avatar image puddyman2 Eric@Amazon commented ·

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, the device is listed in settings, i can see a serial number and it name(my_device) but it says its offline, the search history is empty and the shopping list is empty even though if i ask alexa whats on the list she will give me a list of items.

0 Likes 0 ·
Eric@Amazon avatar image Eric@Amazon puddyman2 commented ·

One potential cause (though it seems unlikely) is if you signed into it with 2 different Amazon accounts. If Alexa was signed in to your primary Amazon account, then switched to a different Amazon account, it would show up in Settings but not have any history, and the voice commands would still work.

Can you try "logging out" and signing back in? To do that, delete the "sessionId" line in the config.json file, then restart the java client.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
puddyman2 avatar image
puddyman2 answered

ok, so i've still not found a solution to this - i've deleted all devices from my amazon account (none of them were alexa) i deleted all files on the raspberry pi, and started again, no improvement. i can't find a way to remove a deivce completely from the developer area (completely delete "my_device")

I even tried setting up a dummy amazon account and starting from scratch following the tutorial with the dummy account, once again alexa works and i can talk to her and sign into the app but there is no correlation between them. shopping list doesn't sync, task list etc. not syncing.

I'm in the UK and its a fairly new service here, would that make a difference?

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MunsterAbu avatar image
MunsterAbu answered

I have the same problem. I set up the pi using my amazon.com account. When I try to go to alexa.amazon.com, it diverts to alexa.amazon.co.uk. I log in with my amazon.com account. I can see my pi device but it is always offline and my history is empty.

There seems to be one-way functionality. If I enable a skill by asking alexa to enable it (using my voice) it works and it is shown as added in the web interface. Adding a skill in the web interface appears to work in the web interface but alexa on the pi does not get the skill.

I am in Ireland and I wonder if this is some .com versus .co.uk strangeness?

10 |5000

puddyman2 avatar image
puddyman2 answered

I only want to use it to make a shopping list. I might try making an american dummy account and see if theres any difference

10 |5000

puddyman2 avatar image
puddyman2 answered

this is so annoying. everything i try the app and alexa service just won't talk to each other. it must be something to do with being in the UK but i have no idea how to fix it. Come back Eric, i need your help!

10 |5000

puddyman2 avatar image
puddyman2 answered

ok, i solved it. you can't use the uk app from the app store or the online app interface (it redirects to the .co.uk login) instead you can download the american app .apk here:http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/amazon-mobile-llc/amazon-alexa/echo-1-7-3-release/alexa-1-7-3-2-android-apk-download/

this solved all my problems.

2 comments
10 |5000

MunsterAbu avatar image MunsterAbu commented ·

@puddyman2, you're a legend!

I downloaded that app and it looks like it is properly connected to my alexa pi. I haven't had a chance to test the smart home stuff yet but it looks to have solved my problem so far. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
damiank avatar image damiank commented ·

Worked for me too. Thanks very much!

0 Likes 0 ·
elstryan@Amazon avatar image
elstryan@Amazon answered

Hi puddyman2,

At the moment the Alexa voice service only fully supports amazon.com accounts. We've already noted this as a feature request to get AVS support in more marketplace. In the meantime you can still use AVS from the UK. Can you try the following

1) Create a dummy amazon account (from www.amazon.com). Don't setup an address or payment information. Only email and password.

2) Log into to your AVS device with the account from 1

3) Log into alexa.amazon.com with the account from 1. Note: it should NOT be redirected to alexa.amazon.co.uk

After this the Alexa App and your AVS device should be synchronized.

2 comments
10 |5000

Can confirm it does in fact redirect to .co.uk so this doesn't work unfortunately.

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image Levon@Amazon ♦ newuser-3df2f747-4f92-4593-b853-c85e0a9e0095 commented ·

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! As mentioned earlier, AVS is supported only in the US at the moment. Please subscribe here to be notified when it launches in the UK and Germany: https://www.amazon.com/gp/html-forms-controller/AVS_Notification_UKDE

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-42f9e2f2-1413-4b2c-af91-d41ab8ff08e4 avatar image
newuser-42f9e2f2-1413-4b2c-af91-d41ab8ff08e4 answered

OK, so now that Amazon has announced that "AVS Now Available for the UK and Germany", what do I need to do to get my Pi-powered Alexa to go online? Do I need to get a new image from GitHub, or is there some magic incantation within my existing setup that I can issue to coax it online?

1 comment
10 |5000

I am in the UK and getting frustrated due to this. Can only add US skills, the subway timetables are not much use, neither is the Domino's skill, think delivery cost would be a bit high.

Ho-hum.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-412c89c5-d569-4fd3-b5af-698ebbc1dde1 avatar image
newuser-412c89c5-d569-4fd3-b5af-698ebbc1dde1 answered
1 comment
10 |5000

vipan avatar image vipan commented ·

update manuall all apps available here visit https://a2zapk.com

0 Likes 0 ·
SaraVictoria avatar image
SaraVictoria Suspended answered

The apksunny application is free for all ages, it includes sports, entertainment, television, games,....
https://apksunny.com/

10 |5000