question

Saurabh Agnihotri avatar image
Saurabh Agnihotri asked

Fire TV App rejected: Reason IAP V1 SDK Found

Hi, I have published a fire TV app and got rejection mail stating the problem

IAP V1 SDK Found migrate to V2, but I am not using any IAP V1 or V2 , app is free

Tried my app with App testing service and app passed compatibility test.

So what should I change in my app before re-submission?

Thanks

iapfire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered

Hi there,

Can you ensure that there are no left over libraries related to IAP left in your app when submitting it to the store? Otherwise, get in touch with us directly here and we will be happy to investigate further.

Jamie

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I haven't used IAP in my project but I suspect I used Google play service v8.4.0, does this might create problem or should I just log a complain on portal

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi NewUser,

If your app's rejection reasons include any warnings related to Google Play Services, then yes, you will have to remove them. Please see this forum thread where I answered a similar question: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/40494/in-testing-my-app-there-were-two-warnings-about-go.html

Otherwise, like Jamie said, please login to your Dev Portal account, and submit a Contact Us request, so we could investigate your case further. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Saurabh Agnihotri avatar image
Saurabh Agnihotri answered

OK I after contacting at given link, I was told that problem is not IAP, but is method count limit of 65k, so I enabled multi-dexing in my app as described here, but still got app rejection citing 65k limit, what should I do now?

9 comments
10 |5000

Thanks for the update. Please re-open that Contact Us case, so we could get to the root of this issue. Have you enabled code shrinking to remove unused methods (via minifyEnabled true)? Please also send the snippet from your Gradle file showing how you configured multidex.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Levon, I haven't enabled minifyEnabled = true in release build, sorry for my bad, following are my gradle entries

defaultConfig {
    applicationId "com.xxxx.xxx"
    minSdkVersion 14
    targetSdkVersion 23
    versionCode 2
    versionName "1.0"
    multiDexEnabled true
}

buildTypes {
    release {
        minifyEnabled false // Will make it true this and try again
        proguardFiles 'proguard-rules.pro'
        debuggable false
        signingConfig signingConfigs.releaseConfig
    }
}

Also I extend Application class with MultiDexApplication

public class ReceiverApp extends MultiDexApplication {
    @Override
    protected void attachBaseContext(Context base) {
        super.attachBaseContext(base);
        MultiDex.install(this);
    }

and have entries in my Manifest file for the same,

<application
   android:name=".ReceiverApp">
</application>

I suspect might be minifyEnabled false might be the problem, So Should I upload another build with minifyEnabled true or wait for you to further investigate the problem. Thanks Saurabh

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for the update. Yes, please minify it and re-submit, hopefully it goes through successfully this time. I have pinged the team responsible for an update and will reply to your Contact Us case as soon as I hear back from them. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Levon, thanks for your help finally app is live. But it failed few testing scenarios and is therefore not available on Fire TV, stick devices. Actually this app is companion app for All Screen(Sender) and the current playstore build has no support for Fire TV app, Now I have updated playstore build to support fire TV can you ask the testing team to test again as I dont find any option to do so from developer console

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks for additional details. I have replied to your Contact Us case. Generally, if you want Amazon to re-test your app, you will have to either:

1. Re-submit the app. It's easy -- simply go into your app details in the Dashboard, click the 'Add Upcoming Version' link and follow the steps. It will pre-populate all the fields with values from the previously submitted version, and you can then switch to the 'Binary File(s)' tab and replace the binary (or keep the same one if there were no changes to it, but only the companion app on Google Play was modified). This is the recommended approach.

2. Contact us with a request to re-test your app. Login to your Dev Portal account, click the Contact Us link and submit your request.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered

Hi there,

As you have raised a contact us case with us and this issue is related directly with your app, I'd suggest continuing the conversation there. Regardless, I would ensure that you have targeted Amazon Fire TV devices correctly with your manifest; also, feel free to use our testing service to see further why your binary might not be compatible.

I'd also check the email sent to you concerning approval as this usually includes information related to device targeting, but as stated; as this is related to your standalone app, please ping us on the case that you have raised for further questions.

Thanks!

10 |5000