question

newuser-84acde5d-2387-4c91-9207-2ca30cb47f7e avatar image

Reasons for not getting invited/reviewed for Amazon Drive REST API

I got whitelistet my App with the "old" whitelisting-process (prior August, 2. 2016). In the meantime I developed my free open source App and sent it in for review (and in parallel requestet for invitation for the "new" invitation-only-mode, statet here)

Today I got the reply "... we are currently unable to approve your request for access". No reasons, no further information for the decision.

What now? I invested an amount of time to get it implemented and now I'm not allowed to publish the new version of my app to public? Does Amazon not want open source developers create free apps? What kind of apps does Amazon want to see?

amazon drivereviews
1 comment
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting.

I've passed this on to the relevant team and will get back to you as soon as I have more information on the matter.

Jamie

0 Likes 0 ·
Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered

Hi,

If you got an application_id and security_profile_id before the change, then you should be able to pursue review and approval for that application. The only reason you should be blocked by the new changes is if you try to get a new security_profile for the new version.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alex avatar image
Alex answered

So what's the way to get a new security profile for the new version of application?

I've invested my time too in developing an application. Now I can't get response from the CloudDrive team.

1 comment

Please see here for how to create and use security profiles with Amazon Drive.

0 Likes 0 ·