question

Ken Reil avatar image
Ken Reil asked

Feature Request - Keyword Search Tool

Feature Suggest - Keyword Search Tool built into the create design interface

@Leia@Amazon @Sam@Amazon @Oswald@Amazon

1. Seems a big problem and time sink is the verifying of keywords on design listings. Would you please take this idea to the team of developers to add in a simple keyword search tool that works before design submission. This would be a tool designers could use to verify a draft against the database of prohibited keywords being used to scan the "Under Review" process. We don't need the actual word list. Just a keyword tool to verify our work.
  2. This feature could either be a complete scan of the draft before submission or just an input search bar in the dashboard to check phrases. It would be really beneficial if the designer could hit the final save button before submission and the system would generate a keyword error message. Mark prohibited phrases (profanity, obvious trademarks) red and disallow the design from moving forward unless removed. Mark restricted for manual review keywords yellow allowing the designer the option to change tagged keywords or move on to submit the design for approval/rejection.
  3. We all want to work together on this to streamline the process. Designers are getting frustrated trying to search keywords and wondering what is and is not viable. Backlog delays on designs and weekend with no approvals only slow this process further. Please put the tools in the designer's hands and we can help the review team backlog, stop many rejections on accounts, and make us all more efficient. More efficient means higher profit on both ends. :)

Thoughts and critiques to this? Please add to this.

merch by amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jumping Rope & Eating Cookies avatar image
Jumping Rope & Eating Cookies answered

that's a pretty darn good idea right there. Thanks for sharing and this feature has my vote!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

TacoWoman avatar image
TacoWoman answered

This would be awesome.

10 |5000

CanadaMediaGuy avatar image
CanadaMediaGuy answered

this. It's impossible for me to review my keywords without a search tool

10 |5000

Pratik avatar image
Pratik answered

This would be helpful a lot. That way, we can know beforehand without getting a strike on our account.

10 |5000

Ryan Tomlinson avatar image
Ryan Tomlinson answered

Genius. Please make this happen!

10 |5000

newuser-fb055a00-1dd3-4a6f-bf0d-9dfbad0905c9 avatar image
newuser-fb055a00-1dd3-4a6f-bf0d-9dfbad0905c9 answered

Has my vote :)

10 |5000

Glavin Jones avatar image
Glavin Jones answered

This has got to be the best suggestion I have seen yet on these forums. It would be amazing if Amazon would add this. Please @Leia@Amazon make this happen. :)

10 |5000

Holly S Hertzel avatar image
Holly S Hertzel answered

A very good idea, but not a priority for me. If time and resources are limited I would rather see them spent on figuring out the copycat problem first.

1 comment
10 |5000

Ken Reil avatar image Ken Reil commented ·

I feel they have to multi task on the important issues. Copycats are huge and need the ugly stick (whoops trademarked) taken to them. This tool though could free so much time for the review staff and designers. Free up that time and designers can watch their listings more. The review staff in turn can spend more time hitting the thieves instead of policing the daily drivers.

0 Likes 0 ·