question

Sindy@Amazon avatar image
Sindy@Amazon asked

What is needed within our Alexa Voice Service documentation that would improve the development experience?

We are pinging our Alexa dev community for their feedback on our current Alexa Voice Service documentation. If you've reviewed the AVS docs already, is there anything missing or incorrect? What topics or areas need better coverage in our AVS docs to help you and new Alexa developers add voice-enabled experiences to connected devices?

https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/alexa/alexa-voice-service/content/avs-api-overview

alexa voice servicealexadocumentation
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pablo Liz avatar image
Pablo Liz answered

Hi;

Is it possible to identify which POST requests to AVS v2 will generate frames in the downchannel stream?

For example, a "Flash briefing" POST request will give us some binaries audio frames in the response itself like

<DailyBriefingPrompt.c739b01a-cff1-442c-b79c-9b493f0671fd:Say:DAILYBRIEFING:DailyBriefingIntroduction_1002287033>

And then i understand some additional binary audio frames will come in the downchannel.

In the case of some Skills or some other regular questions to Alexa, for example "Open The Magic Door" will generate all binaries in the post response itself.

Is it possible to identify which post requests will bring additional data in the downchannel?

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for your response. I'll be sure to send this request to the AVS team.

1 Like 1 ·
Ara avatar image
Ara answered

It's not very clear on how the Alexa enabled devices (e.g. smart speakers) will be able to support different end-users (using the same set of vendor security profile). I guess the productization and product launching topics are missing from the documentation.

Ref.: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/35878/same-clientid-using-the-appcompanion-for-different.html

1 comment
10 |5000

Thanks for the feedback!

0 Likes 0 ·