question

JustinHaef avatar image
JustinHaef asked ·

Alexa Python Blueprint failing certification

Is the Python Blueprint template located via this link still valid? I simply changed the speech text and it failed certification with 3 errors all around the help function. If it is that out dated can it be updated so we can use it as a valid guide?

alexa skills kitskillalexacertification
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered ·

Did you mention it was based on a template? The cert team can be... wildly varying. I would re-submit it with a note that it uses that specific template. They usually just pass template things without looking at them much.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

This is pretty much our equivalent of a hello world program, I don't believe it was meant to pass certification. You'll need to add the functionality described in the certification email for it to pass. It shouldn't be that difficult to implement, and if you need help you can always ask.

I have asked for it to be changed to make the purpose of the page more clear to prevent any further confusion.

There is a fairly large assortment of sample programs here, as well as a super useful NodeJS SDK: https://github.com/alexa