question

Paul A. Whitelock avatar image
Paul A. Whitelock asked

Suggestion: Certainty Score for Intents

I've noticed that often an intent request is received that is not related at all to the spoken input. I assume this is because the algorithm that does the speech parsing made a guess, but it must have had a low degree of certainty for that guess. It would be great if an intent request included a value that indicated the degree of certainty the algorithm had when it created the intent. The skill could then take the certainty score into account when processing the intent. If the degree of certainty was sufficiently low, then the skill would then be able to decide in some cases whether or not to ask the user to confirm the intent before the skill takes action.

alexa skills kitintentsapi
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered

+1

Many speech-to-text systems supply a "confidence index" with a recognition. The best I've seen is Watson Speech To Text which supplies multiple interpretations with a confidence index for each. We've asked on the forum for Amazon to do this multiple times. They haven't shown any inclination to do this as of yet. :-(

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian@Amazon avatar image
Brian@Amazon answered

Thanks for the feature request. It's been noted by the dev team.

1 comment
10 |5000

I thank you very much

0 Likes 0 ·