question

ddevalco avatar image
ddevalco asked ·

Unable to get Reindeer Games to work with Echo?

I have tried over and over again to get Reindeer Games sample to work (launch, start) on my Echo but to no avail. I have been able to get the SpaceGeek and the Chemistry Flash Cards examples to work the first time easily.

However, when it comes to Reindeer Games, the Echo has never been able to launch it. It tests fine with the Service Simulator, but it will not launch on Echo. I have deleted both the AWS Lambda function and the Skill numerous times, copied and paste the code from Github, tried doing the zip upload as well. I have used many different invocation names in trying, but I can never get this one example to launch.

It's becoming infuriating to me as it's the one example I find useful and the skill I want to create with my question bank.

Is there a way to actually get help from Amazon on troubleshooting things and figuring out what the could be going on?

alexa skills kitalexaecho
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NickG@Amazon avatar image
NickG@Amazon answered ·

Might seem like a silly question, but can you make sure that the account that the Echo is signed into is the same account that you are using on developer.amazon.com?

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It is, same account is used for all that I have done so far. I have been able to get SpaceGeek and Chemistry Flash Cards to work with no issues so my account is working and everything shows up on my Alexa app. Its just this one example that no matter how many times I delete it or rebuild it or change the invocation name it will never launch from the Echo. I'm at a lost.

0 Likes 0 ·
stujeffery avatar image
stujeffery answered ·

In your lambda script make sure you have loaded the ID skill or have commented out the code.

/** * Uncomment this if statement and populate with your skill's application ID to * prevent someone else from configuring a skill that sends requests to this function. */