question

Pratik avatar image
Pratik asked

"Total" Row/Bar Below the Record Rows/Data in Analyze Tab

This was suggested way long ago on and off by me and few others via comments on the old forums. I always wondered why Merch didn't do so already but anyway, it seems like a nice opportunity and good time to add it right now.

For clarity to those who doesn't understand what I'm saying - Currently, when you select the dates in analyze tab and click "Go" and data/sales appear in number of rows, it doesn't have a total/avg row at the very bottom that'd calculate the totals of all the displayed data.

For example, if I want to calculate how much royalties I've generated between July 1 to July 7, I'd have to run the report and count with a help of calculator manually by taking notes through the display screen or do the tedious task of downloading the CSV for generated dates, open Excel and then run the count function

It seems a bit huge task for the data that should be easily available on the fly at your fingertips. And it's not a very hard thing to implement either.

Just bold the total record row at the bottom and that'd make sense. It will show totals for 4/5 columns:

• Units Purchased
  • Cancellations
  • Revenue
  • Royalties

----------------

I definitely think this will come in as a very handy feature.

Thanks.

merch by amazonfeature request
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer answered

Yes, another thing they could show is the number of t-shirts they are paying at the end of the month near earnings because we have no idea how many t-shirts sold and shipped are referred about these earnings. It's hard to check our business this way

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Leia@Amazon avatar image
Leia@Amazon answered

We have a leadership principle at Amazon, Invent and Simplify. I endorse the simple beauty of this feature request.

1 comment

Haha, thanks and glad to know that! Hoping to see it get implemented. :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
CanadaMediaGuy avatar image
CanadaMediaGuy answered

this would be very useful.. I currently have to do this manually in excel with the .csv files

Pratik avatar image
Pratik answered

Thanks again Leia. And yes, forgot to mention - Don't forget to take into account the cancellations in the total row.