question

newuser-c5182b8c-5ebd-44f3-a77a-74c08e1b71ac avatar image

incorrect intent selection from sample utterances file (even from service simulator)

While testing my skill from the service simulator I noticed some utterances with slot types were going to other unrelated intents without a slot type, and some slots' values were empty when I had typed them in properly. If I remove or add unrelated utterances this sometimes causes or fixes problems.

I hadn't noticed this strange behavior in the past, it just came up in the past few days.

For example, I have 'price {Slot}' as one utterance but it is going to a different intent with utterances that don't even contain the word "price"

If I remove this problematic utterance another unrelated one breaks that works fine when it is present.

This is all in the service simulator so I'm pretty confused why this would be happening.

alexa skills kitintents
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered

Can you provide more details about your intent schema and which intent is called? I'll need a bit more to reproduce and report this if it is actually a bug.

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Is there a way I can contact you directly so I don't have to make my intent schema and sample utterances public?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nick Gardner avatar image Nick Gardner ♦♦ newuser-c5182b8c-5ebd-44f3-a77a-74c08e1b71ac commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·