question

twchuck avatar image
twchuck asked ·

Does Content Policy apply to In-App Purchases or only to the main app?

Does the Amazon Content Policy apply to In-App Purchases as well as the main app or only to the main app?

My Fire TV app submission got rejected due to not complying with the Amazon Content Policy. Does anyone know if changing the app to require an in-app purchase before they can get to _any_ real content would let the app comply? This would move all content including any "possibly bad" content to being behind a pay-wall, but I don't know if this is sufficient. (That's sufficient for the Apple iOS App Store, but this is my first Amazon Fire app so I have no idea here.) Using an IAP I think also prevents the app from being used if Parental Controls are turned on, so that would block anything "bad" from younger users. (Unfortunately, the app's entire purpose is to deliver content, so while it doesn't provide any content itself that violates the policy, I'm guessing the reviewers decided that the content it lets users get to could violate the policy.)

[I had posted a more general version of this question earlier, but I didn't get any responses to that one so this is a more specific question.]

iapamazon appstoresubmission testing certificationapp
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tony@Amazon avatar image
Tony@Amazon answered ·

Hello twchuck,

Thank you for posting in the forums. Please note that Amazon's Content Guidelines do apply to In-App items as well as apps. However, please also note that we are unable to proactively approve apps prior to submission through the Developer Portal. Please submit your app via the Developer Portal here and we will notify you once the app has completed testing and review.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

(oops - my new reply below was meant to be a reply to your reply - didn't realize that's not how the forum worked)

0 Likes 0 ·
twchuck avatar image
twchuck answered ·

I submitted the app more than two weeks ago but it got almost immediately rejected due to violating Amazon's content guidelines. (It provides no content of its own so I didn't expect that to be a problem.)

I've tried following up several times through several different channels to get any information on exactly what the problem was, including asking whether any of several possible changes would fix the problem, but so far I have not received any responses at all. (Your response above is actually the first one I've received in the last 16 days, so I do very much appreciate that! It's been a long and _incredibly_ frustrating two weeks...) Meanwhile my app is sitting dead in the water, with me not have any idea what if anything I can do to salvage 2 months of work.

Is there any way I can get more information or have any sort of discussion (email, phone, text, anything) with someone to get details and discuss options? I tried the "Contact Us" route (twice) but just got canned responses back.