question

mlakshanr avatar image
mlakshanr asked

Amazon developer console 'Live app testing' reports an issue : 'Your app appears to be a ringtone'

I submitted my app to Amazon developer console Live App Testing, and at the 'Processing' stage of app submission the console reports an error ,

The piece of code which I think causes this error is,

public static void setAsRingtone(Uri uri,Context context){
     try{
         //The line below seems to be creating the issue. Commenting it out does not result in any issue being reported.
         RingtoneManger.setActualDefaultRingtoneUri(context,RingtoneManager.TYPE_RINGTONE, uri);
      }catch (Throwable e){
         //some code
      }
}

When I comment out the code inside this static method using /* */ the developer console does not return any issue.

So my questions are,

1. Am I doing anything wrong in my static method?
  2. What possible changes can I make to get rid of the above error?
androidlive app testing
ad.png (21.4 KiB)
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered

There's nothing wrong with the status message itself. The messaging is simply letting you know that Amazon devices don't have ringtones since they aren't phones, and thus we will fail apps that are submitted which use this functionality for our devices. I'd suggest commenting out this code if you are planning on submitting to Amazon.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

klingeltonekostenlos avatar image
klingeltonekostenlos answered

I have a need to find a list of free phone ringtones just for me.

Download a list of free phone klingeltöne at the website klingeltonekostenlos. de

10 |5000