question

Diego avatar image
Diego asked

Skills Review Sorting System is Broken

The Skills review sorting system is poorly written, wrong and unfair.

Example: Day 10 my skill was in first place under 'Aug. Customer Review' with 15 reviews of 5 star.

The next day a 'hater' or maybe the owners of the Skill in second place give my skill a 1 star and wrote 'useless' as review as a header and comment.

This action pushed my Skill 20 pages down, giving priority to Skills with one review of 5 start first.

I'm believe this is unfair.

alexa skills kitalexareviews
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jjaquinta avatar image
jjaquinta answered

We all believe it is unfair. There are several threads around this. Galactoise has proposed some alternative ranking systems. I think of few of the non-Amazon skill lists are starting to use them.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NYCSLP avatar image
NYCSLP answered

100% agree. I have contacted Dave about it and have not heard anything. It's beyond broken. We have had 3 of our 5 positive reviews removed. Just vanished into thin air, never to be seen again. Then, today... I had some tech friends of mine check out the skill in question and leave some feedback. Guess what? Out of 3 people who left feedback today, NONE of them are showing up. So that's now 6 positive feedback's not showing up, and all that remains is one 5 star review and a 1 star review from someone who openly admits she has never tried the skill, but is giving it one star anyway. Her comment has 6 down votes and still remains, yet my 6 positive reviews which would have my skill at a 5 star rating are gone without a trace.

10 |5000

Diego avatar image
Diego answered

We need a new skill market place

10 |5000

Galactoise avatar image
Galactoise answered

FWIW, here's the blog post jjaquinta mentioned: A Better Sorting Approach for Alexa Reviews Thanks for the shoutout, Jo. Diego, I've been doing everything I can to get this issue addressed, as recently as yesterday even. I'll continue to throw around whatever weight I have on the matter. At this point, my team is mulling taking some more drastic measures to get the attention of the powers that be...

10 |5000