question

quiztix avatar image
quiztix asked ·

Tracking downloads for Fire TV

We really need to be able to see installs on a per device basis, or at the very least split into the 3 categories shown the binary section:

• Amazon Fire phones and tablets
  • Amazon Fire TV devices
  • Non-Amazon Android devices

Maybe there is a way to do this that I am missing?

Sure we can get data through analytics but that's only ever going to be "app opens" not installs. We need clean specific data from Amazon.

Thanks,

Ian

amazon appstorefire tv
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tony@Amazon avatar image
Tony@Amazon answered ·

Hello Ian,

Thank you for posting in the forums. Unfortunately, we do not provide sales numbers broken out by specific device or device type. Although, we highly recommend utilizing our Multi-Binary feature when targeting multiple device types, another option available to you would be to submit multiple "versions" of your app.

By submitting different versions of your app, (ex. My App - Fire TV version, My App - Fire Tablet version, etc) you would be able to use the metrics in your Sales Reports to get the results you are looking for. However, the obvious disadvantage to this would be the need to maintain multiple code bases during your version updates.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.