question

saikia.buddha avatar image
saikia.buddha asked ·

Does Amazon Fire TV Stick work in India?

Hi, I am from India. I need to build an app (which need internet connection to work properly) for Amazon Fire Stick. I am going to buy a Fire TV Stick for testing purposes. Can anyone tell me, if Amazon Fire TV Stick works in India or not! At least for the following purposes- 1. Test the app (which need internet connection to work properly) on Fire TV Stick and 2. Publish the app to Amazon app store.

fire tvhow-to
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

Amazon Fire TV / Stick does not work outside of the US in terms of using it as a regular user would (to stream video/audio/tv shows/etc.), with a few exceptions, see here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201624360

However, you should be able to connect it to your Wi-Fi network and it should work as hardware to test your app, assuming you are developing and testing it over ADB, but not downloading it from Appstore, etc. As for your second point, you don't need a Fire TV to publish your app to Amazon Appstore -- just create an account directly and upload your app. Thanks!

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.